This course changes people’s lives and has an impact on all relationships. It also applies to children of all ages from tots to teens. Many think this course should be called The Self-Actualized Parent. Taking this course will enhance every relationship you have, especially the one you have with yourself.
Allison covers family patterns, relationships, communication, and conflict resolution skills, influence the development of a child’s self-esteem and their ability to respect not only their own boundaries, but also those of others. Self-regulation, mindfulness are both subjects that come up frequently in this course. The subject of boundaries gives parents a deeper look at being part of a healthy family.
Here are some of the topics which will be discussed:
- Successful Communication – The Power of Words and How to Use Them, The Spirit of Listening, Working Through Issues and Conflicts, Emotion Coaching.
- Where are the Boundaries? – Where the Parent Ends and the Child Begins
- Assertive Parents – Assertive Kids, The Deeper Meaning of Discipline.
- Relationship Building – Developing Emotional Intelligence, When Getting Closer Means Letting Go, Self-Esteem in Parent – Self-Esteem in Child
- Sibling Rivalry
- Parents Having Different Parenting Styles